About the BCP
The Bogus Callers Partnership (BCP) is a multi-agency forum working towards reducing reducing financial abuse experienced by residents in Redbridge through raising awareness of bogus callers and other scams. The work of the Partnership is monitored via an Action Log. Work includes awareness raising of fraud, bogus callers, scams and support to those that have experienced these.
Meetings take place on a quarterly basis and are chaired by the LFB Borough Commander for Redbridge.
Partners working together to make Redbridge a safer place from bogus callers, helping elderly and vulnerable residents feel safe and remain in their homes by raising awareness through engagement and education; by encouragement to report suspicious bogus caller activity; by enforcement against perpetrators; and by reducing opportunities for doorstep crime through improving the environment.
The following organisations are core members of the group:
- London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) East Area (EA) Basic Command Unit (BCU)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Community Services)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Housing)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Lifeline and Telecare)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Media and Communications)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Redbridge Enforcement Team)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Safer Communities Partnership)
- London Borough of Redbridge (Trading Standards)
- Age UK Redbridge, Barking and Havering
- Redbridge Council for Voluntary Services (RedbridgeCVS)
- Redbridge Neighbourhood Watch
- Redbridge Pensioners Forum
- Victim Support
Other organisations whose goals align with the objectives of the BCP will be eligible to join the partnership by invitation.
Terms of Reference
Below are the Terms of Reference:
- Redbridge Bogus Caller Partnership ToR (PDF 26KB) (under review as at March 2020)
Support for Victims of Crime
Victim Support provide free and confidential on-line support for victims of crime via My Support Space. Find out more here or view the information via the downloads below:
Front Garden Scheme
The scheme is about preventing vulnerable people becoming a target for burglary, bogus callers etc through having a neglected and overgrown front garden, which draws attention to their vulnerability. The scheme has strict criteria and requires a referral from a Redbridge partner organisation due to limited funding. For more information, see the leaflet below:
The BCP can be contacted via 020 8708 5361.
Keep up to date and follow the BCP on Twitter via @bcpredbridge . The most recent tweets can be viewed below.